Where the money we raise through our playing goes to
- 04/04/17 A donation of £428.92 raised by B&I for Southampton Hospital Charity for the Neonatal and Neuro Unit Funds. Thank you letter.
- 01/04/17 A donation of £350 to SightSavers and a further donation of £100 towards SUJ running costs for playing at the retirement party for Karen Bell.
- 18/03/17 A donation of £281.06 to Malawi & Zimbabwe school fees charity for playing at Lorraine ‘s 60th birthday party
- 09/03/17 £148 raised for charity at the retirement party of Dr Bob Coates
- 04/02/17 – SUJ vs PUJ Uke Off raised £622 for Queen Alexandra Hospital Acute Stroke Ward
- 20/01/17 – Malawi Fundraising Gig
- 11/01/2017 Donation raised by B&I for Southampton Hospital Charity for the Neonatal Unit and Wessex Neurology Centre £168
- 11/01/2017 Donation raised by B&I for Cystic Fibrosis Trust £84.00
- 03/09/2016 A donation from the UK GLBQT Fiction Meet of £250 to Breakout Youth on behalf of the jam.
- 02/09/2016 A donation of approximately £90 which we will pass on to Society of St James in thanks for playing a private event.
- Donation of £100 in thanks for the jam playing New Forest Folk Festival
- 07/05/2016 A donation of £312 from the French and English sides of the Botley Twinning Association made to YMCA Fairthorne on behalf of the jam as thanks for playing an event for the association.
- 29/04/2016 Thank you very much everyone who came to the Compton gig. It raised £188 pounds towards William’s hospital bills for his wife, Junior, in Milawi. I think that is brilliant considering we had a depleted audience this time (due to the Bank Holiday weekend I think). We had a lot of fun and sounded really good. Everyone who was there really enjoyed it. Cheers. John
- 16/04/2016 we played at the Fryern School charity event, which altogether raised £502 for lipoedema
- 05/04/2016 £441.16 raised this quarter by the Beginners and Improvers Group. £110.29 each donated to:
- 11/02/2016 SUJ donated £600 each to Society of St James, No Limits and Countess Mountbatten Hospice Charity from the proceeds of our Christmas cabaret, profits from t-shirts and various other things…
- 28/12/2015 £600 raised over the year by the Beginners and Improvers group. £200 each donated to:
- The Alzheimer’s Society
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- 2/12/2015 Christmas performance in Guildhall Square raised £131.45 for No Limits. It has helped their Christmas appeal to provide food, laundry and washing facilities for homeless young people.
- 16/12/15 £50 donated to The Alzheimers Society by Fair Oak Art and Craft Society as thanks for the jam playing their Christmas party.
- 12/12/15 £25 cheque from The Bitterne Historical Society donated to The Society of St James in lieu of gig fee.
- 05/12/2015 Christmas Tree Festival: The Christmas Tree and Music Festival at St James Methodist Church in Shirley made over £3.400 on December 4th and 5th. Half of the money made will go to the local children’s charity Honey Pot Charity.
SUJ were part of that grand total ‘we really appreciate you giving your time and talent to help make it a success! Thank you so much. Chris H
- 25/09/15 £310 raised and 27/11/15 £355 raised at Compton gigs. Both split between Freedom to learn (Nepal) and William’s Village Project Malawi.
- 24/10/2015 Riverford Pumpkin Festival – the organisers have been in touch and thanked us for playing. They have donated £100 to Send a Cow on our behalf. They said they received lots of very positive feedback about us. Thanks.
- 18/10/2015 Hope For Justice gig – the organisers would like to thank SUJ for helping them to raise just over £300 for the charity.
- 12/09/2015 County Bowling Club gig – the club donated £100 to Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
- 30/08/2015 By playing at a fund raising day at Claire’s Cutting Room, Lordshill precinct, we helped them to raise over £2,000 for JDRF, a local charity supporting junior type 2 diabetes.
- 29/08/2015 Chezsteval: Cheryl & Steve’s Wedding. Cheryl said: ‘An enormous thanks to everyone who made it possible for the Jam to play at our wedding. We had an amazing time, and were so pleased that some of our guests got up and joined in too! We have had endless positive comments from friends and family, and we may have a few new recruits!! I’m delighted to say that our great vibes got people feeling really generous, and we raised almost £3000 at the bar for the Newman Holiday Trust (www.newmantrust.org), which will make a massive difference to this small volunteer-run charity and all the money will go towards providing holidays for children with disabilities. Thank you!!!’
- 01/08/2015 Laurel Care Home. They gave us £50 which we have donated to Freedom to Learn who support education in Nepal and have been rebuilding houses and schools after the earthquake.
- 15/07/2015 Larmer Tree Warm up gig – £192 and donations of toiletries, clothes, etc. raised at our for Two Saints Day Centre
- 13/06/2015 Wedding – Alex & Karina made a generous £250 donation to the John McNeil Opportunity Centre in Salisbury
- 17/05/2015 Watercress Festival – £100 for charity.
- 02/04/2015 Donations of £100 to Macmillan Cancer Support and £82.53 to the Alzheimer’s Society – raised by theBeginners and Improvers group.
- 24/02/2015 Scottish Evening – the Southampton Scottish Association kindly made a donation of £60 to the Society of St James on our behalf. See St James thank you card
- 22/11/2014 Church fundraiser. St Winfreds Church sent a cheque for £45 as a charity contribution for the gig we performed there. We sent this to MacMillan Cancer Support.
- 08/11/2014 – We performed as one of the bands at the Gig for Justice at Locks Heath Free Church. Altogether they raised ‘a massive £1,060. An amazing amount for the charity!’ (Hope for Justice). They wondered if we could do the same next year.
- 06/11/2014 Big Sleep Out: SUJ had literally everyone bouncing along. The event raised over £11,500, which far exceeded the organisers’ expectation of a relatively small event and with the great British weather being what it was on the night – Great AND British.
- 21/09/2014 Bursledon Brickworks. £30 was raised towards the Society of St James
- 09/08/2014 Banister Park Bowling Club BBQ – they sent a donation of £50 to the Honeypot charity on our behalf.
- 04/08/2014 Donation of £100 to Wessex Cancer Care Trust raised by the new beginners group of Beginners and Improvers.
- 17/07/2014 Larmer Tree warm-up gig at Soul Cellar raised £60 for Tonic Mental Health and collected a box of tins for the Society of St James.
- 13/07/2014 Breast Cancer Charity Gig Wyvern School Fair Oak In the Big Top: They raised a total of £4677.08 altogether on tickets, donations, raffle etc.. ‘Thank you again for the huge part you played in delighting the audience. I do hope we get the opportunity to perform together again.’
- 06/07/2014 Supported the Friends of St James Park by playing at their Community Games event. They raised nearly £1,300 on the raffle, tombola, etc.
- 21/06/2014 Paws for a walk. The event raised over £400 for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and the Jam’s contribution was much appreciated by the organisers.
- 26/04/2014 SUJ played at the DOWN TO EARTH FARM open day, helping them to raise a total of £2,600. This was a combination of entry price, catering etc. Big Thanks to Martyn for leading on the day and everyone else who played.
- 18/05/2014 Watercress Festival: Altogether the festival raised around £2000 which has been returned to local volunteer groups as a way of thanking them for their ongoing involvement. ‘This is a one off and shows how well supported
the festival has become, with many thanks to yourselves too!’
- 04/04/2014 The Beginners and Improvers Group donated £47 to Macmillan Cancer Support
- 20/03/2014 £80 raised by running a course for new beginners
- 18/02/2014 £60 donated to the Society of St James by the Southampton Scottish Association for a Scottish Evening
- 08/02/2014 Burfest: Donations to be made from everyone who performed at and was involved in Burfest to: Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance £533.50 and Bursledon Village Hall £533.50
- Christmas Cabaret – £650 to SSJ – Saints for Sports & £650 to Macmillan Cancer Support
- December – the Beginners and Improvers group donated £200 to the Alzheimers Society.
- November – thanks to money raised from the World Rhythms Day, The Mela and The Beggars Fair
we were able to donate £266 to the Kintampo Project in Ghana. “This will support a student to become a mental health worker via our bursary scheme for ‘brilliant but needy’ students” http://www.thekintampoproject.org/about-us/
- Helped Southampton Day Services to raise £300 through a Social Evening at Shirley and Freemantle community centre on 12th October
- £200 for Macmillan from the organisers of the Watercress Festival held on19th May 2013 .
- We helped the Avenue Centre to raise £2000 by taking part in an informal music evening on Saturday 18th May.
- £525 raised from Spring Cabaret at Marchwood: (£ 180 from the Beginners and Improvers, £ 305 from the night, £40 from the Lapstone Pub). The money donated as follows: £325 Macmillan, £200 Leukaemia Research,
- £40 raised for Gift of Sight through a performance by the Skiffuleles on 17th February 2013 at White Lodge care home
- Southampton Ukulele Jam raised £758 for Macmillan & Society of St James charities at their well-supported ‘Ukie Little Christmas’ cabaret on December 16 at Talking Heads.
- £150 donated to the Alzheimers Society 14 December 2012 on behalf of the Beginners and Improvers group.
- Dave donated £100 to the Southampton Hospital Charity for playing at his wedding on 27th October.
- For our gig at Sarisbury Green on 6th October, Martin donated £30 to a charity for research into a cure for fibromyalgia
- £240 for MIND raised at Didcot Civic Centre on 26th May
- £36 raised for The Bridge’s Movember collection, Prostate Cancer by Beginners Improvers group 5th March.
- £50 raised for Gift of Sight through a ukulele beginners workshop for Meggitt Avionics and Marine Sports and Social Club 26th January.
- Christmas Cabaret
£267 each to Society of St James, Naomi House & Macmillan Cancer Care£20 raised for Gift of Sight through a ukulele beginners workshop for Catholic Mothers Group, St Boniface, Shirley (We anticipate that we will raise around £200 for Jubilee Sailing Trust by appearing at The Pumpkin Festival in October)
- Macmillan acknowledged and thanked us for the £200 we donated from the Queen Inn gig on 17th September
- We raised approx. over £300 from the Summer Cabaret Night in Marchwood on 03/09/2011
- Watercress Festival:
The organiser sent us a cheque for £250 for the pleasure. and the Watercress Company, one of the supporters of
the event, added a cheque for £1,200. Yes, that’s right….£1,200….. going to the Macmillan Cancer Care..!
- Clipper Round the World Race celebrationsSouthampton
City Council has confirmed that they will contribute £300 to The Society of St James from the Clipper Round the World Race celebrations 31/07/2011
- Waterfront Gig
Jane Scarth House, Wessex Cancer Trust – donation of £250 from the Waterfront Gig18/06/2011
- Berry Theatre Gig 09/04/2011
We raised £50 at The Berry Theatre Gig 09/04/2011, which we in turn donated to their Square Footer Appeal, hence the gold leaf inscription reading ‘Southampton Ukulele Jam “4 strings good” ‘ at the theatre entrance .
- New Forest Alzheimers Society’s calendar
£100 sponsorship for New Forest Alzheimers Society’s calendar from the Jam
- Watercress Festival May 15th 2011
£250 from the organisers and £1200 from the Watercress Company donated to MacMillan Cancer Support
- Mayfield Park Spring Event May 7th 2011
£20 donated to The New Forest and Ringwood Alzheimer’s Society
- Curry and Choir Night March 19th 2011 With Blue Sky Choir
£400 donated to Cameroon Catalyst
- Late Thursday in Winchester 4th November 2010
Amount received £100 Donated to MacMillan Cancer Support
- Lou’s Friend’s Murder Mystery Birthday Party 13th November 2010
- £250 donation to Clic
- Burlesque at Talking Heads 12th December 2010
£50 went to MacMillan Cancer Care
- Christmas Cabaret 19th December 2010
£100 each donated to Society of St James, Naomi House, Macmillan Cancer Support (money raised from ticket sales and auction). Naomi House also received £35 from the auction of the teddy bear which they donated and the Society of St James received the proceeds from the auction of a bottle of wine which they provided.
- £135 donated to The New Forest and Ringwood Alzheimer’s Society which will sponsor a month in their charity calendar
- Adam’s Party
Amount received £150 from Jo and Simon Donated to Macmillan Cancer Support
- Marchwood Yacht Club
Amount Received £520. Donated £260 to Leukaemia Research and £260 to Macmillan Cancer Support
- Azura Naming Ceremony Apr 10th
Amount received £125 Donated to Society of St James
- Private Party
Amount receieved £200 Donated to Naomi House
- Springwatch May 30th
Amount received £125 Donated to Macmillan Cancer Support
- Late Thursday in Winchester 4th November 2010
Amount received £100 Donated to MacMillan Cancer Support